Calling an ASP File From ASP.net page

Robin Yarnell

Hello,
I have a link on a web control that points to an ASP page. Everytime I
click on the link it gives me a "Page cannot be displayed" HTTP 500 -
Internal server error the ASP page is in the right location and if I type the
URL in without using the link I get the same thing. If I point the link to an
HTM document it works fine. Is it not possiable to point to an ASP page? The
link looks like this:

<a id="getnewpage" href="getpage.asp">GetPage</a>

Thanks in advance.

Robin

Scott M.

It sounds like there is a runtime error occurring in the processing of the
..asp file, not that you can't access it. 500 errors mean that the file
encountered a server error while processing.

Robin Yarnell

Scott,
Thanks for the response. I did think that might be it so, I took all the
ASP code out and made it a "html" doc with an asp extention but, I still get
the same error. It is a very simple html just a line that says "this is a
test" even took the html tags out just to make sure. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Robin Yarnell

OK the problem is now fixed. I am going to post how I fixed this and hope it
may help someone else if they ever see the same problem. As I looked further
into this I found that I could not run ASP pages at all anymore on my web
server. The problem went much further then just my aspx pages. So, if you
find that your localhost stops processing ASP pages go to the following link
and it solved my problem with a OS reload.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;309051

Hope this helps someone in the furture.

Robin