    How can I move from one aspx page to another programmatically?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Oct 3, 2004

  2. John

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "John" <> wrote in news:eSY4v5YqEHA.348
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > Hi
    >
    > How can I move from one aspx page to another programmatically?
    >
    > Thanks

    use response.redirect

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 3, 2004

  3. John

    Alex Homer Guest

    Take a look at "Chapter 2 - Cross-Page Posting Techniques" in
    http://www.daveandal.net/books/6744/samples.aspx

    The three examples demonstrate changing the action of a form, using
    response.redirect, using server.transfer and using a page reference; all
    including the issues of passing values form one page to another.

    Alex Homer, Oct 3, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    If I use Response.Redirect("page2", false) to redirect to page 2 from this
    page, how can I tell page 2 to return to this page when done?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Oct 4, 2004
  5. John

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "John" <> wrote in

    > If I use Response.Redirect("page2", false) to redirect to page 2 from
    > this page, how can I tell page 2 to return to this page when done?

    On page 2, you use reponse.redirect back to the original page...

    You may need to pass a variable to page1 to tell page1 that you've already
    processed page2 and not to redirect again.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 4, 2004
  6. John

    John Guest

    What if several pages call page 2 for validation? Should I send the name of
    the calling page in the call somehow or is there an automatic method to
    determine the calling page?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Oct 4, 2004
  7. John

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "John" <> wrote in

    > What if several pages call page 2 for validation? Should I send the
    > name of the calling page in the call somehow or is there an automatic
    > method to determine the calling page?

    You can use the server variable HTTP_REFERER to find out which page called
    the current page.

    However, if you're creating a page just for validation it may make more
    sense to create a validation class rather than a validation page. With a
    validation class, you can call it within a page's validation event without
    redirecting.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 5, 2004