    calls ?

    regards,
    Tushar

    MSNews, Apr 18, 2005

  2. MSNews

    Keith Elder Guest

    MSNews wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have written a WebService using Visual Studio.Net's 'ASP.Net Web Service'
    > project (ASMX). I want to call the exposed methods form a HTML client (using
    > JavaScript) as a function. I do not want to prepare the Xml and make a SOAP
    > call. One way is to use the webservice.htc but it will not work on Netscape.
    > Can somebody suggest me some other solution through which I can make method
    > calls ?
    >
    > regards,
    > Tushar

    Look at this posting I added to DotNetPimps:

    http://www.dotnetpimps.net/2004/12/10/getting-your-web-service-to-use-get-and-post/

    You can enable the web service to allow GET or POST methods instead of
    SOAP. That is probably what you want.

    -Keith

    Keith Elder, Apr 19, 2005

  3. "MSNews" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have written a WebService using Visual Studio.Net's 'ASP.Net Web
    > Service'
    > project (ASMX). I want to call the exposed methods form a HTML client
    > (using
    > JavaScript) as a function. I do not want to prepare the Xml and make a
    > SOAP
    > call. One way is to use the webservice.htc but it will not work on
    > Netscape.
    > Can somebody suggest me some other solution through which I can make
    > method
    > calls ?
    >
    > regards,
    > Tushar

    You could also use Xml-Rpc instead of Web Services. Xml-Rpc is a very simple
    protocol, and I saw some implementations for JavaScript. There is also very
    easy to use implementation for .Net.

    Best regards
    Rafal Gwizdala

    Rafal Gwizdala, Apr 20, 2005