CAN A J2ME MIDLET READ THE SCREEN SIZE?

Talal Itani

Hello,

Is it possible for my MIDLet to read the size(in pixels) of the LCD display?

Thanks,
Talal

Andrew Thompson

Sub: CAN A J2ME MIDLET READ THE SCREEN SIZE?

Can you stop SHOUTING at us?

(Follow-ups set to c.l.j.programmer only)

Andrew T.

Talal Itani

I did it only once, to get attention, not to shout, not to annoy others. Do
not let the actions of others pain you.

Lew

Talal said:
> I did it only once, to get attention, not to shout, not to annoy others. Do
> not let the actions of others pain you.

First, please do not top post.

Second, Andrew did not talking about pain, nor did he mention anything about
annoying others, nor did he say anything at all about his opinion. How did you
infer anything about pain or annoyance? He was giving you advice to help you
have better results with your question. Rather than make excuses for the
behavior, check out the advice.

Third, in text messages forums, ALL CAPITALS REPRESENTS SHOUTING. So you may
not have done it in order to shout, but you did shout.

Andrew gave you good advice that will help you.

- Lew

Alex Hunsley

Talal said:
I did it only once, to get attention,

Because your think your question is more deserving than all the other
being asked, eh?

not to shout,

That *was* shouting, that's the very definition of shouting on Usenet.
not to annoy others. Do
not let the actions of others pain you.

Your actions don't pain us. They pain you, however, when they make you
less likely to get a reply.
Also, please don't top post.

lex

Darryl L. Pierce

Talal said:
Is it possible for my MIDLet to read the size(in pixels) of the LCD
display?

Yes. Graphics.getWidth() and Graphics.getHeight() return just those values
to you.