Can anyone explain what this means to me...

Wookie

"Explore and critically evaluate the extent to which existing and newly
emerging development approaches/methodologies are suitable for modelling and
developing Web Based Applications."

What does it mean?

What kind of areas am I looking at?

Thanks,

EmJ.

S. Justin Gengo

EmJ,

That sounds like a pretty broad directive. But it sounds like you're
supposed to investigate any and all web technologies that may be used by
your company. The largest companies seem to be using either ASP.NET and
building it with Visual Studio.NET from Microsoft, or Java (J2EE) and
building with Eclipse. But depending on what your company does there are
still plenty of companies that are using PHP, Perl, or other programming
languages for their web development.

If I were given this directive I'd start typing in google searches with
terms like: Web Development with [Insert programming language here]

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Mr Newbie

To me it's just a fancy way of saying.

What technologies and design methodologies are the best today for developing
web apps. A technology would for example be ASP.NET and a methodology is
presciption for a set of rules to use when designing the application.