Can anyone tell me if pygame and Tkinter can work together?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Nathan Pinno, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Nathan Pinno

    Nathan Pinno Guest

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me if pygame and Tkinter can work together in the same
    application? I thought I'd better ask before trying it, since both use
    widgets.

    Thanks,
    Nathan Pinno

    --
    For great sites go to: http://www.the-web-surfers-store.com
    MSN Messenger: falcon3166@hotmail,com

    Nathan Pinno, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Nathan Pinno

    Guest

    It's likely to be a challenge; each one has its own "event loop", and
    the exact pitfalls of trying to use both at the same time probably
    depend on the operating system too. For instance, on X, Tk and SDL
    probably both expect full control of the handlers registered with
    XSetErrorHandler and XSetIOErrorHandler, but Xlib only permits a single
    handler.

    Jeff

    , Nov 16, 2005