Can FileSystemObject open remote virtual folder?

seannakasone

Can FileSystemObject.GetFolder() recognize an IIS virtual folder that
points to remote UNC path? I keep getting
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException .

Anthony Jones

seannakasone said:
Can FileSystemObject.GetFolder() recognize an IIS virtual folder that
points to remote UNC path? I keep getting
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException .

This is off-topic. I suspect you are using ASP not ASP.NET.

FileSystemObject can access a UNC path but the security token under which it
runs will need to have been granted network access to the file share.
Typically in ASP the security token is IUSR_<machinename> which is local
machine guest account so it won't have access to the file share.