    Can FileSystemObject.GetFolder() recognize an IIS virtual folder that
    points to remote UNC path? I keep getting
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException .

    seannakasone, Feb 25, 2009

  2. "seannakasone" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Can FileSystemObject.GetFolder() recognize an IIS virtual folder that
    > points to remote UNC path? I keep getting
    > System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException .

    This is off-topic. I suspect you are using ASP not ASP.NET.

    FileSystemObject can access a UNC path but the security token under which it
    runs will need to have been granted network access to the file share.
    Typically in ASP the security token is IUSR_<machinename> which is local
    machine guest account so it won't have access to the file share.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Feb 26, 2009