    Please provide me link/url

    Regards
    Sanjeev
    Sanjeev, Feb 28, 2008

  2. Sanjeev

    GArlington Guest

    GArlington, Feb 28, 2008

  3. GArlington wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 8:56 am, Sanjeev <> wrote:
    >> Dear Friends,
    >>
    >> Can I display report in different format in JAVA/JSP.
    >>
    >> Please provide me link/url
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Sanjeev

    > Yes.
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=report in different format

    Nice! The first result refers to the first message of this thread in
    Google Groups.

    From: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=report in different format
    Andrea Francia, Feb 28, 2008
  4. Sanjeev

    Donkey Hot Guest

    Donkey Hot, Feb 28, 2008
  5. Sanjeev

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:56:06 -0800 (PST), Sanjeev
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >Dear Friends,
    >
    >Can I display report in different format in JAVA/JSP.
    >
    >Please provide me link/url
    >
    >Regards
    >Sanjeev

    Perhaps you are asking about providing info to your user in raw text,
    xml, png, or pdf form?

    You then have two problems:

    1. how to create the image
    2. how to embed it in the web page.

    The simplest way is to embed a link to the page with unique id in the
    returned web page. Leave it up to the browser and user whether they
    should request it. You might not even create it until the request
    comes in.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Feb 28, 2008
  6. Sanjeev

    Virgil Guest

    On Feb 28, 8:03 am, Donkey Hot <-a-geek.com> wrote:
    > GArlington <> wrote in news:ba461b3b-8ea9-4828-
    > :
    >
    > > On Feb 28, 8:56 am, Sanjeev <> wrote:
    > >> Dear Friends,

    > >> Can I display report in different format in JAVA/JSP.

    > >> Please provide me link/url

    > >> Regards
    > >> Sanjeev

    > > Yes.
    > >http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=report in different format

    > Another URL ishttp://www.eclipse.org/birt/
    >
    > There are others, like JasperReports and likes.

    From the same BIRT report, you can output into a Web Viewer, HTML,
    PDF, XLS, PPT, DOC, and PS. I've also seen examples of outputting
    plain text and XML from BIRT. There is a video called 'BIRT 2.2 New
    Features'showing the latest output emitters in the Demo section
    http://www.birt-exchange.com.
    Virgil, Mar 4, 2008