Can I monitor the execution of a perl script

linq936

Hi,
I have a Perl script which starts with #! /bin/perl_5.8.0/bin/perl.

Now I does not run as I expected, I wonder if there is any simple way
to monitor the execution of the script just like I can run "set -xv" in
BASH and see BASH script running?

Thanks.

David Squire

Hi,
I have a Perl script which starts with #! /bin/perl_5.8.0/bin/perl.

Now I does not run as I expected, I wonder if there is any simple way
to monitor the execution of the script just like I can run "set -xv" in
BASH and see BASH script running?

You can step through it, inspect variables, etc. with the perl debugger.
Type "perl -d myscript.pl"

DS

Dr.Ruud

linq936 schreef:
I have a Perl script which starts with #! /bin/perl_5.8.0/bin/perl.

Now I does not run as I expected, I wonder if there is any simple
way to monitor the execution of the script just like I can run "set
-xv" in BASH and see BASH script running?

First find out what `which -a perl` reports, and what `perl -v` shows.

perl 5.8.0 is not good.

Brian McCauley

I wonder if there is any simple way
to monitor the execution of the script just like I can run "set -xv" in
BASH and see BASH script running?

You can get fairly close with

PERLDB_OPTS="NonStop AutoTrace" perl -d myscript.pl