Can I output a printout as a tif?

Mike Grace

Hi,

I have the following code which produces a printout to a user chosen printer
destination.

Is there a java method which will enable me to output the printout to a
TIF/BMP/JPG easily rather than the print destination?

I need it so that I can attach the tif image to an email or fax.

Regards

Mike

public class Print2DPrinterJob
implements Printable {

public Print2DPrinterJob() {

int f = 0;
String Test = "";

/* Construct the print request specification.
* The print data is a Printable object.
* the request additonally specifies a job name, 2 copies, and
* landscape orientation of the media.
*/
PrintRequestAttributeSet aset = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet();
aset.add(OrientationRequested.PORTRAIT);
aset.add(new Copies(1));
aset.add(new JobName("Test", null));

/* Create a print job */
PrinterJob pj = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();
pj.setPrintable(this);
/* locate a print service that can handle the request */
PrintService[] services =
PrinterJob.lookupPrintServices();

if (services.length > 0) {

for (f = 0; f < services.length; f++) {

Test = services[f].getName();

if (Test.equals("Unimessage Pro") == true) {
break;

// System.out.println("selected printer " + services[f].getName());
try {
pj.setPrintService(services[f]);
//pj.pageDialog(aset);
if (pj.printDialog(aset)) {
pj.print(aset);
catch (PrinterException pe) {
System.err.println(pe);

public int print(Graphics g, PageFormat pf, int pageIndex) {

Font cmdfnt = new Font("Commands", Font.PLAIN, 12);

Font arialfnt = new Font("Arial", Font.PLAIN, 12);

if (pageIndex == 0) {
Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D) g;
// Sets the top left position on the page.
g2d.translate(pf.getImageableX(), pf.getImageableY());
g2d.setColor(Color.black);

g2d.setFont(cmdfnt);
g2d.drawString("[[TO=01293 786747]]", 0 * 72, 100);

g2d.setFont(arialfnt);
g2d.drawString("This is a fax", 1 * 72, 250);

g2d.setFont(cmdfnt);
g2d.drawString("[[END]]", 0 * 72, 300);
// g2d.fillRect(0, 0, 200, 200);
return Printable.PAGE_EXISTS;