can I run pythons IDLE from a command line??

tedpottel

Hi,
Is their a version of pythons IDLE that will run in a dos command
line?
The reason is that I would like to be able to run python code
interactively from my parable by connecting to my desktop using remote
command line or a telnet program.

Thomas Jollans

Hi,
Is their a version of pythons IDLE that will run in a dos command
line?
The reason is that I would like to be able to run python code
interactively from my parable by connecting to my desktop using remote
command line or a telnet program.

The Python interpreter should do fine. If your PATH environment variable is
set up correctly, just run "python", otherwise it's somewhere in your Python
installation directory.

Stargaming

The Python interpreter should do fine. If your PATH environment variable
is set up correctly, just run "python", otherwise it's somewhere in your
Python installation directory.

If you don't want to miss IDLE's advantages, `IPython <http://
ipython.scipy.org/moin/>`_ might be interesting for you.

Stargaming