Can i specify how much of an aspx page should print?

Guest

Hi. I have an aspx page which displays data on about the top 1/3 of the
page, and the remaining 2/3 of the page is blank. The page is formatted so
that my users can print the page to special-sized labels of the same
dimensions. However, whenever my users print, Internet Explorer sends the
entire page (including the blank 2/3 of the page) to the printer, and
therefore the printer prints out 1 label (containing the contents of the
screen), and 2 blank labels. Is there a way that I can specify that Internet
Explorer STOP printing past a certain point on the aspx page? Thanks.

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

This is a client side issue, its not really related to asp.net - but you
could wrap everything in print specific CSS tags so at print time the bits
of the page you dont require dont technically exists for print media. Start
reading here - http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/stylesheets/cssmediatypes.html

More often than not however, I have seen a round trip back to the server to
recollect the relelvent page parts in a new window being a preferred
approach as its ultimately more controllable.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP