    6.0.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

    Donald

    Donald, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Donald

    Deming He Guest

    Donald <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Can I use the InstallShield to build an installer to deploy an OCX
    > control that I have created? If so, how? Does anyone know any links to
    > this kind of information. I have Visual Studio 6 enterprise edition,
    > Visual C++ 6.0 enterprise, and InstallShield for Microsoft Visual C++
    > 6.0.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    >
    > Donald

    Surely you can. Just check out info regarding InstallShield. Nothing
    special about distributing OCX compared to other kinds of files, except
    self-registering OCX. Be prepared to see an inflated file size times more
    than that of the original OCX. Also, I remember that Windows 95 (version?)
    had an issue like having to reboot PC after registering an OCX. Otherwise,
    the OCX is not accessible though all entries in registry look there.

    http://installshield.com/ did have a Knowledge Base of using InstallShield.

    Deming He, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Donald

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:16:02 GMT, "Deming He"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > Donald <> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > Can I use the InstallShield to build an installer to deploy an OCX
    > > control that I have created? If so, how? Does anyone know any links to
    > > this kind of information. I have Visual Studio 6 enterprise edition,
    > > Visual C++ 6.0 enterprise, and InstallShield for Microsoft Visual C++
    > > 6.0.
    > >
    > > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    > >
    > > Donald

    > Surely you can. Just check out info regarding InstallShield. Nothing
    > special about distributing OCX compared to other kinds of files, except
    > self-registering OCX. Be prepared to see an inflated file size times more
    > than that of the original OCX. Also, I remember that Windows 95 (version?)
    > had an issue like having to reboot PC after registering an OCX. Otherwise,
    > the OCX is not accessible though all entries in registry look there.
    >
    > http://installshield.com/ did have a Knowledge Base of using InstallShield.

    Please don't pollute comp.lang.c++ with off-topic answers. The C++
    standard does not define "ocx" or "InstallShield".

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Dec 19, 2003