    use them and get the XPath functionality?

    Thanks,
    Qizhen

    QQ, Mar 4, 2008

  2. QQ wrote:
    > I know that Xalan library provides the XPath functionality. But there
    > are also some DOMXPathXXXX Classes in the Xerces library. Can I just
    > use them and get the XPath functionality?

    The current Xerces-Java 2 documentation
    <URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/api.html> lists two XPath
    packages, one being
    <URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/javax/xml/xpath/package-summary.html>,
    the JAXP XPath API, the other being
    <URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/w3c/dom/xpath/package-summary.html>,
    the W3C DOM Level 3 XPath API.
    I don't know whether Xalan is used to implement the XPath packages.
    The JAXP XPath API is part of the Java 1.5 SDK too.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 4, 2008