    i need to know how to test the presence of dotnet framework in XP pro OS
    if testing an application without the .Net frame work what errors it displays
    can i validate the presence of .Net framework in the OS]
    a_srivathsan, Sep 5, 2004

  2. a_srivathsan

    raagz Guest

    Hi Srivathsa,

    There are lot of ways you can check for .NET framework installation.

    Here are few methods

    The registry actually does contain this information. It is located
    under a
    key similar to this one:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework
    Setup\NDP\v1.1.4322\1033

    The .NET Framework 1.0 is version 1.0.3705
    The .NET Framework 1.1 is version 1.1.4322

    That 1033 means English, so you can also check which languages of the
    Framework are present on the machine.

    You could check the registry. The location
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    contains a registry key for each program installed. This information
    is
    listed in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

    The key for Microsoft .NET Framework is:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B433
    57AA-3A6D-4D94-B56E-43C44D09E548}

    I suppose you can check the subkeys under
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework or
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET
    registry key. I think there would be seperate subkeys for each
    version.

    Also check this links

    HOW TO: Detect Which Version of the .NET Framework Is Installed in a
    Deployment Package
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315291

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];315291

    http://www.microsoft.com/indonesia/msdn/net_bootstrapper.asp

    Also you can check for the .NET framework installation folder presence
    in the windows\microsoft.net\framework..but i checking it from
    Registry is more accurate.

    Hope this helps you.

    Thanks
    Raghavendra
    raagz, Sep 7, 2004

  3. a_srivathsan

    a_srivathsan Guest

    (raagz) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi Srivathsa,
    >
    > There are lot of ways you can check for .NET framework installation.
    >
    > Here are few methods
    >
    > The registry actually does contain this information. It is located
    > under a
    > key similar to this one:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework
    > Setup\NDP\v1.1.4322\1033
    >
    > The .NET Framework 1.0 is version 1.0.3705
    > The .NET Framework 1.1 is version 1.1.4322
    >
    > That 1033 means English, so you can also check which languages of the
    > Framework are present on the machine.
    >
    > You could check the registry. The location
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    > contains a registry key for each program installed. This information
    > is
    > listed in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    >
    > The key for Microsoft .NET Framework is:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B433
    > 57AA-3A6D-4D94-B56E-43C44D09E548}
    >
    > I suppose you can check the subkeys under
    > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework or
    > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET
    > registry key. I think there would be seperate subkeys for each
    > version.
    >
    > Also check this links
    >
    > HOW TO: Detect Which Version of the .NET Framework Is Installed in a
    > Deployment Package
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315291
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];315291
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/indonesia/msdn/net_bootstrapper.asp
    >
    > Also you can check for the .NET framework installation folder presence
    > in the windows\microsoft.net\framework..but i checking it from
    > Registry is more accurate.
    >
    > Hope this helps you.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Raghavendra

    Thanks Raghavendra,
    I am i need os an standard application that validates the presence of
    dot net in my xp pro os
    and is it enough to validate the .Net framework with a Application
    Compiled in Vishual studio .Net.
    Regards
    a_Srivathsan
    a_srivathsan, Sep 8, 2004