can i validate the presence of .Net framework in the OS

a_srivathsan

hi everyone

i need to know how to test the presence of dotnet framework in XP pro OS
if testing an application without the .Net frame work what errors it displays
can i validate the presence of .Net framework in the OS]

raagz

Hi Srivathsa,

There are lot of ways you can check for .NET framework installation.

Here are few methods

The registry actually does contain this information. It is located
under a
key similar to this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework
Setup\NDP\v1.1.4322\1033

The .NET Framework 1.0 is version 1.0.3705
The .NET Framework 1.1 is version 1.1.4322

That 1033 means English, so you can also check which languages of the
Framework are present on the machine.

You could check the registry. The location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
contains a registry key for each program installed. This information
is
listed in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

The key for Microsoft .NET Framework is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B433
57AA-3A6D-4D94-B56E-43C44D09E548}

I suppose you can check the subkeys under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework or
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET
registry key. I think there would be seperate subkeys for each
version.

Also check this links

HOW TO: Detect Which Version of the .NET Framework Is Installed in a
Deployment Package
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315291

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];315291

http://www.microsoft.com/indonesia/msdn/net_bootstrapper.asp

Also you can check for the .NET framework installation folder presence
in the windows\microsoft.net\framework..but i checking it from
Registry is more accurate.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks
Raghavendra

a_srivathsan

[...]

Thanks Raghavendra,
I am i need os an standard application that validates the presence of
dot net in my xp pro os
and is it enough to validate the .Net framework with a Application
Compiled in Vishual studio .Net.
Regards
a_Srivathsan