Can Novell Security impact ASP.NET performance?

Scott Cadillac

Hello,

I tried posting under another subject line before, but didn't get any

I've been developing ASP.NET projects for over a year, and one particular
project which I've deployed numerous times (the same copy of files) is
acting very strange on a new install.

On a newly installed Windows 2000 Server (fully patched), I installed .NET
Redist 1.1 and my Web app was deployed by simple xcopy.

All the pages take forever to return - on every call. The pages are
executing properly, but are always incrediably slow.

I have Witango application files on the same Server and they are responding
properly - so the problem appears to be associated with ASP.NET
specifically, and does not appear to be an IIS thing.

----
Even the Trace.axd page always takes forever to render - and it's always
empty. Column headers appear but no listings.

I have the Web.config configured for Tracing and I've done this numerous
times and I can't understand why it doesn't work and why everything is so
slow.

----
The only thing really different about this box is that it has Novell
Security on it. So of course I'm not 100% sure I was installing with true
"Admin" rights. Or that maybe Novell is being too a*** with letting the
ASP.NET process access assemblies or something.

I've uninstalled .NET 1.1 and re-installed it but it didn't help. Any ideas
anyone?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and thank you very much. Cheers...

Scott Cadillac
(e-mail address removed)