    already present in another file to this already running application as
    if it were typed through my keyboard ... hope i could make my point
    clear .... can somebody please help me ?? ....

    tikesh, Dec 8, 2006

  2. tikesh wrote:
    > Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
    > strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,
    > ...... now i want to run my perl script that will give the matter
    > already present in another file to this already running application as
    > if it were typed through my keyboard ... hope i could make my point
    > clear .... can somebody please help me ?? ....

    Perl provides all the usual methods of interprocess communication (IPC) that
    you would find in other common programming languages.
    If your target application accepts those IPC methods, then you can do it in
    Perl. If they don't then you can't do it in any programming language.
    Just check which IPC is supported by your target application and then check
    CPAN for a suitable module.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Dec 8, 2006

  3. tikesh

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <>,
    tikesh <> wrote:

    > Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
    > strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,

    Check out the the Win32::* modules on CPAN. You can use them to drive
    Windows apps, including sending text to their controls.

    http://search.cpan.org

    brian d foy, Dec 8, 2006
  4. "tikesh" <> wrote in news:1165584087.283305.184290@
    80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi, i want to write a perl script that can imitate the keyboard
    > strokes.... say i am using Internet Explorer or notepad or MS-Word,
    > ...... now i want to run my perl script that will give the matter
    > already present in another file to this already running application as
    > if it were typed through my keyboard ... hope i could make my point
    > clear .... can somebody please help me ?? ....

    http://search.cpan.org/~ctrondlp/Win32-GuiTest-1_50.5/

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Dec 8, 2006
  5. tikesh

    tikesh Guest

    i am thankful from the bottom of my heart for the replies .....
    i am specially grateful to A. Sinan Unar for i directly got the
    solution of my problem without wasting the time in searching on the net
    thank you very much.....
    -- Tikesh

    tikesh, Dec 12, 2006