Can some explain plz. Basic uses a C++ wrapper.

Rick Rothstein

Applying Kill Filter now, (Action=Delete) for Author: Mabden
So what?! Who the **** are YOU, asshole?!

Apparently, someone with a lot more brains than you.

Oh yeah, you can skip posting your broken-record response to my comment.
Let's assume I already know you were going to do that and let it go at
that.

Rick

Leslie A Rhorer

H Haven't any of you ever read "Gulliver's Travels"?
e " > In message <[email protected]>, Norm Cook
' u > >
l > >a i > >> "Thomas Matthews"
n v > >> message y e > >> : Intermouse wrote:
r > >> : > The ocx was written in C++.
o ' > >> :
f s > >> : 1. Don't top-post.y T > >> While you may not care for top-posting, others such as myself
find it much
o r > >> easier to read.
u a >
v > >Concur. I hate having to scroll to the bottom of every message
to see
e e > >what may or may not be some profound response.
v l >
e s > Then _trim_ the junk. Just keep enough to maintain sequence and
context.
r " >
? > See?
r >
e > --
a > Richard Herring
Haven't any of you ever read "Gulliver's Travels"?

Mike Williams

. . . if you've been following a thread and your news reader
provides this threading capability to you, wouldn't you have
the context /already/ in mind when someone top posts?

Depends. I usually have my messages grouped by thread, but I also set it to
hide "read" messages (much easier to deal only with new ones). So often a
message can arrive that deals with a thread a few days old or more and I
find it really useful to have just two or three lines at the top containing
a very brief outline of the appropriate part of the subject matter. This is
particularly useful when a thread deals with multiple questions and the
newly arrived post deals with only part of the answer. The only thing I
really don't like is when the "top post" message contains the entire
original post (and often a lot more besides) and you have to wade through
lots and lots of stuff just to get to the current post. If I have to scroll
through more than a dozen or so lines of top post I usually go no further
and ignore the post completely (unless it is something I am particularly
interested in). It's a matter of personal preference, of course, but I like
newsgroup messages (and women!) to have at least a little bit at the top ;-)

Mike

J French

Depends. I usually have my messages grouped by thread, but I also set it to
hide "read" messages (much easier to deal only with new ones). So often a
message can arrive that deals with a thread a few days old or more and I
find it really useful to have just two or three lines at the top containing
a very brief outline of the appropriate part of the subject matter.

<snip>

I have a similar problem, quite often the reply to an original post
turns up well before I get the 'question'

If the replier has over assiduosly snipped the question, then I find
myself having to 'guess the question' from the answer
- it can be annoying

But it can be just as annoying getting 200 lines of previous posts,
and just
'Thanks'

at the end.

Leslie A Rhorer

Michael B. Johnson said:

I thought the thread deviation was worth a chuckle, and hopefully not
offensive to anyone.
But seriously, if you've been following a thread and your news reader
provides this threading capability to you, wouldn't you have the

It depends on how complex the thread is, and how closely the posters
stick to it. said:
context /already/ in mind when someone top posts?

But...enough already, I suppose.

OK. Actually, one of my favorite methods of reply posting is as you see
here. I especially employed it back in the old FIDONet days when debating
in political fora or responding in the Tech or Science echoes. I would
delete the chaff, and respond to each point in a separate section.
_______________________
Michael B. Johnson

Leslie A Rhorer :)

stu

I know this is a repeat, but... > > > Your question hasn't
personally, I like to "side post"; > > > anything to do with C,
that way, those reading the thread > > > as far as I see...
can read my answer and follow > >
along with the original text. Of > > 1. Don't top-post.
course, this takes a little more >
arranging the original thread; but, > While you may not care for
as you can see, it makes for a > top-posting, others such as
much better reading experience. > myself find it much easier to
<g> > read

Rick

aaaaH, aaaaH, aaaaH!

!Right group posters dysfunctional the is This

"Putting the fun back in Dysfunctional since 1957" (tm)(r)(c)