    The only method I have now is to memorize each players numbers, then if I
    recognize a change, go check thier progress at the game website.

    I hope my explanation is clearer than mud. Thanks for reading.
    justa guy, Mar 22, 2006

  2. justa guy

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <Xns978E75B267115spearfox@70.168.83.30>, justa guy
    <> writes
    >I am a game player involved with a particular game website.
    >Geocaching for the curious.
    >Every player has stats that can be followed. Instead of going thru the
    >website, finding certain players and viewing thier numbers I made a simple
    >HTML page that stays on my computer. The page will pull up small stat bars
    >for any player I put on the page. When loaded the stat bars give the
    >lastest player info from the game website. I also made the stat bars a
    >clickable link to the players profile page which can then lead to a
    >dedicated stat page, both of which reside on the game website.

    >Is there a way for my page to tell me when a players numbers have changed?
    >Perhaps a date showing the last time thier dedicated stat page has changed?

    >The only method I have now is to memorize each players numbers, then if I
    >recognize a change, go check thier progress at the game website.

    >I hope my explanation is clearer than mud. Thanks for reading.

    Hmmm, it's a little bit muddy this end. However...

    Perhaps the easiest way to achieve what you want would be to store
    player's stats in a file, and then compare these with those that are
    live on the web site when your page is loaded. Any difference between
    the two would indicate that something has changed.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Martin Jay, Mar 22, 2006