can this be done,

Guest

I have a web app were I'm keeping history on the progress of a request. I
have a list box that is going to allow the developer or manager enter in
comments.
My question is:
1. How can i show data from the database and also allow them to enter data
in the listbox?
2. I have code to get the user name, so how can i show the username -
comments in the listbox as well.

i want something like this:

history:
[George - 2/3/05: 10:30 AM]: waiting on specs from BA
[George - 2/3/05: 2:30 PM]: got specs and meeting with BA to discusss.

etc.
i want that kind of format, but also allow them to enter in new information
as well as keeping the existing.

Craig Deelsnyder

I have a web app were I'm keeping history on the progress of a request. I
have a list box that is going to allow the developer or manager enter in
comments.
My question is:
1. How can i show data from the database and also allow them to enter
data
in the listbox?
2. I have code to get the user name, so how can i show the username -
comments in the listbox as well.

i want something like this:

history:
[George - 2/3/05: 10:30 AM]: waiting on specs from BA
[George - 2/3/05: 2:30 PM]: got specs and meeting with BA to discusss.

etc.
i want that kind of format, but also allow them to enter in new
information
as well as keeping the existing.

I think you might be better off with a datagrid. You can wrap a datagrid
in a div and make it scrollable, it of course has binding events, columns,
etc. and we know it has an edit mode, so in essence it can satisfy the
behavior you want. Not the exact same look, but very close.

I just think that's a better presentation for what you're doing here....

Craig Deelsnyder

[...]

I want the user to be able to add comments, to follow the progress of the
request. can that be done via a datagrid?