Cannot catch impersonation exception if bad usr or pwd in web.conf

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Wim VH, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Wim VH

    Wim VH Guest

    I use impersonation in the web.config file. This works fine... however, when
    a username and/or password is provided that are not valid on the system, an
    exception is raised (which is normal!) BUT it seems there is no way to chatch
    this exception.

    It tried using the Application_OnError in the global.asax, but it isn't
    called.

    The exception I see in the "default" window of aps.net is "Could not create
    Windows user token from the credentials specified in the config file. Error
    from the operating system 'Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password".

    This is correct, however I would like to show a page (if needen, it might be
    in another web app that doesn't use impersonation) where I can tell something
    like "go to you web admin and refer to item xy in the user manual of product
    z".

    Is this possible
    Wim VH, Sep 22, 2006