Cannot figure out underlapping menu problem

JimmyHoffa

Hi All, I hope someone can help with this,

I've got 'what i thought was a simple' css based drop down menu in my
header section of my page.. My problem is understanding why it
underlaps the content divs which follow the header section.

If anyone could take a look it would be greatly appreciated, the page
and css was quite long so i've put up a very stripped down version
here.

http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.html
& http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.css

Any suggestions/hints appreciated.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

JimmyHoffa said:
I've got 'what i thought was a simple' css based drop down menu in my
header section of my page.. My problem is understanding why it
underlaps the content divs which follow the header section.
http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.html
& http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.css

Any suggestions/hints appreciated.

Removing: position: relative; from 'bodyarea' cures the problem.
You have a lot of positioning going on in there. Most of the time it is
unnecessary. You will need to correct/change other stuff to compensate.

Ed Mullen

JimmyHoffa said:
Hi All, I hope someone can help with this,

I've got 'what i thought was a simple' css based drop down menu in my
header section of my page.. My problem is understanding why it
underlaps the content divs which follow the header section.

If anyone could take a look it would be greatly appreciated, the page
and css was quite long so i've put up a very stripped down version
here.

http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.html
& http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.css

Any suggestions/hints appreciated.

#zUL li {
float:left;
width:6em;
position:relative;
list-style-type:none;
z-index: 1;

Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

JimmyHoffa

The z-index addition didnt seem to make a difference,

However changing the bodyarea position from relative to default "". Did
make a difference..

The UL & LI popup elements are now over the top of the bodyarea..
however the text 'left area' and 'right area' still show above the
menu... Hmm getting close though it seems..

JimmyHoffa

I also notice the dropdown menu border stops prematurely.. I'll
reupload the changed version taking into account the position relative
change..

Thanks for your input.