    http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.html
    & http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.css

    Any suggestions/hints appreciated.
    JimmyHoffa, Jan 7, 2007

  2. JimmyHoffa wrote:

    > I've got 'what i thought was a simple' css based drop down menu in my
    > header section of my page.. My problem is understanding why it
    > underlaps the content divs which follow the header section.
    > http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.html
    > & http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.css
    >
    > Any suggestions/hints appreciated.

    Removing: position: relative; from 'bodyarea' cures the problem.
    You have a lot of positioning going on in there. Most of the time it is
    unnecessary. You will need to correct/change other stuff to compensate.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2007

  3. JimmyHoffa

    Ed Mullen Guest

    JimmyHoffa wrote:
    > Hi All, I hope someone can help with this,
    >
    > I've got 'what i thought was a simple' css based drop down menu in my
    > header section of my page.. My problem is understanding why it
    > underlaps the content divs which follow the header section.
    >
    > If anyone could take a look it would be greatly appreciated, the page
    > and css was quite long so i've put up a very stripped down version
    > here.
    >
    > http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.html
    > & http://www.dbws.net/crap/stripped.css
    >
    > Any suggestions/hints appreciated.

    #zUL li {
    float:left;
    width:6em;
    position:relative;
    list-style-type:none;
    z-index: 1;

    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Ed Mullen, Jan 7, 2007
  4. JimmyHoffa

    JimmyHoffa Guest

    The z-index addition didnt seem to make a difference,

    However changing the bodyarea position from relative to default "". Did
    make a difference..

    The UL & LI popup elements are now over the top of the bodyarea..
    however the text 'left area' and 'right area' still show above the
    menu... Hmm getting close though it seems..

    JimmyHoffa, Jan 7, 2007
  5. JimmyHoffa

    JimmyHoffa Guest

    I also notice the dropdown menu border stops prematurely.. I'll
    reupload the changed version taking into account the position relative
    change..

    Thanks for your input.

    JimmyHoffa, Jan 7, 2007
  6. JimmyHoffa

    JimmyHoffa Guest

    Thanks for the input guys, got it sorted now.
    JimmyHoffa, Jan 7, 2007