Cannot find child element: arg0

Discussion in 'Java' started by Frank, Jan 20, 2008.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    hi,
    I am trying to run a web service.
    The Java client runs without any problem.
    But I have tried 2 clients: one in PHP, the other one with VBS, and both
    give me the error "Cannot find child element: arg0"

    Here is the code
    Echo.java

    code:

    package uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice; import java.rmi.Remote; import
    javax.jws.WebParam;import javax.jws.WebService;import
    javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding; @WebService@SOAPBinding(style =
    SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use = SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL)//@SOAPBinding(style =
    Style.DOCUMENT)public interface Echo extends Remote { String
    echo(@WebParam(name="MonParam") String e);}

    EchoBean.java

    code:

    package uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice; import javax.ejb.Local;import
    javax.ejb.Stateless;import javax.jws.WebParam;import
    javax.jws.WebService;import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
    @Stateless@WebService(endpointInterface =
    "uk.co.regdeveloper.webservice.Echo")@SOAPBinding(style =
    SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use =
    SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL)@Local(Echo.class)public class EchoBean {
    public String echo( @WebParam(name="MyParam") String e)
    { return "Web Service Echo + " + e; }}

    If i specify the name of the parameter with the @WebParam, then i get the
    same error message : "Cannot find child element: MyParam".

    So i am using the RPC/LITERAL style, and I get the error "Cannot find child
    element: arg0"
    If I use the DOCUMENT/LITERAL style, I get a different error.
    Anyways, I am stuck here.
    Does anyone have an idea ?
    I know it is not PHP related, since I get the exact same error with a
    completely different client (VBS).

    Thanks for helping

    Frank, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Frank wrote:
    > hi,
    > I am trying to run a web service.
    > The Java client runs without any problem.
    > But I have tried 2 clients: one in PHP, the other one with VBS, and both
    > give me the error "Cannot find child element: arg0"

    [...]
    > If i specify the name of the parameter with the @WebParam, then i get the
    > same error message : "Cannot find child element: MyParam".
    >
    > So i am using the RPC/LITERAL style, and I get the error "Cannot find child
    > element: arg0"
    > If I use the DOCUMENT/LITERAL style, I get a different error.
    > Anyways, I am stuck here.
    > Does anyone have an idea ?
    > I know it is not PHP related, since I get the exact same error with a
    > completely different client (VBS).
    >
    > Thanks for helping

    Hello,
    Please try to write client in Java for test if it is really working.
    After getting the positive result, I suggest you to generate clients
    using MS tools (based on WSDL) as next test.
    After that you can write clients in other langs by hands.
    BTW, code attached by you is unreadable :)

    --
    Regards,
    Jonatan Kazmierczak

    Jonatan Kazmierczak, Jan 23, 2008