Cannot open database requested in login "DBName" Login failed for

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Max, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    I am writing an intranet application where i would like to take advantage of
    the built in windows authentication... Integrated Security...

    In AssetTracker(my SqlDB) i have myself TMP\rrhinehart as dbo.

    Then in IIS under websites i go to the AssetTracker application right
    click-properties and go to the Directory Security
    and currenty i have Anonymous Access Checked... With username set to
    TMP\rrhinehart password: pwd, and unchecked Allow
    IIS to control password. Integrated Windows Authentication is checked.
    nothing else. ok ok..

    Then inside my web.config i have the tag

    <identity impersonate="true"> and <authentication mode="Windows">

    here's my connection string....
    <add key="AssetTrackingConnectionConfigKey" value="Data
    Source=domina;Initial Catalog=AssetTracker;Integrated Security=SSPI;" />

    I get the following error:

    Things I've thought about... that i've read. My web-server and DB-server
    seperate entities. The webserver and dbserver are also on different domains.
    Maybe this has something to do with my problem. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated...

    Server Error in '/AssetTracker' Application.

    Cannot open database requested in login 'AssetTracker'. Login fails. Login
    failed for user 'TMP\rrhinehart'.

    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database

    Max, Dec 20, 2005