Cannot print to network printer in IIS6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tessa, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. Tessa

    Tessa Guest

    We're using PrintDocument.Print method in a web application to print (ie not
    on the client) (on Windows 2003)

    Get InvalidPrinterException:
    System.Drawing.Printing.InvalidPrinterException: Tried to access printer
    '\\SAM\BrotherH' with invalid settings. at
    System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.GetHdevmodeInternal() at
    System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.GetHdevmode(PageSettings
    pageSettings) at
    System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.OnStartPrint(PrintDocument document,
    PrintEventArgs e) at
    System.Windows.Forms.PrintControllerWithStatusDialog.OnStartPrint(PrintDocum
    ent document, PrintEventArgs e) at
    System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.Print(PrintDocument document) at
    System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.Print() at
    PrintingGDI.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    We impersonate a windows user with enough privelages to print on network
    printers.

    Code works on Windows 2000 Server, and even to local printer on Windows
    2003.

    Any ideas what might be different when asp.net runs under II6 on 2003 Server
    ?

    Thanks

    Tessa, Jul 26, 2004