Cant debug with Bloodshed Dev.."Project not Compiled"...(arm-elf-gcc) (newbie) :-(

Mayank Kaushik

Hi,

I needed a (free) IDE to make life easier, im using Bloodshed Dev C++.
I just set it up to use arm-elf-gcc.exe(Cygwin binary) ..Ive entered
all options, paths, includes correctly (i think). When i click on
"Rebuild All", my Makefile is triggered, and the project compiles
succesfully. (ive set the linker up to produce a binary i can load into
my microcontroller). (Im on WinXP)

The compilation proceeds smoothly, and ends thus:
arm-elf-gcc -nostdlib -Tld.script -N -o loader entry.o div0.o
_udivsi3.o _umodsi3.o init.o crt0.o main.o asm_isr.o jump.o
lib_AT91RM9200.o
arm-elf-objcopy -O binary -j .text loader loader.text
arm-elf-objcopy -O binary -j .data loader loader.data
cat loader.text loader.data > loader.bin
Execution terminated
Compilation successful
==================================
But Bloodshed Dev shows a "Warning: Project is not Compiled" at the
end..then when i try to debug it, it says the above "Warning: Project
is not Compiled" again, and doesnt proceed with the debug. If i click
on Compile again, nothing happens obviously since nothing had
changed..and the debug still doesnt happen.(Ive set it up with
arm-elf-gdb)..

Since Bloodshed happens to be a popular IDE, i hope u guys can help
me...Also, if u know of any other better FREE IDE that i can setup to
use with arm-elf-gcc, plz do suggest it.

Help :-(
Regards
Mayank

Jonathan Burd

Mayank said:

<snip>

IDEs have nothing to do with the C language.

<ot>
However, I would suggest you try out Eclipse and the CDT plugin for
Eclipse. Get the MinGW compiler. You should be all set.
Eclipse will use MinGW/GCC as the backend compiler and GDB
as the debugger. (www.eclipse.org)
</ot>

Regards,
Jonathan.

jacob navia

Why should Bloodshed IDE support cross-compiling under windows?

You have special requirements, you should buy the corresponding
tools. There are many cross-compiling systems, that feature IDEs,
etc. Just buy them.

It can't be expected from a free tool that it will support all
possible combinations of stuff.