Can't get Apache2 to i interpret my ruby file

laredotornado

Hi,

I have Apache 2.2 installed on my Fedora Core 5 Linux machine. I
created this file, "test.rb" at my public document root

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"

and when i visit http://mydomain.com/test.rb, the output is

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"

That's right, it's just the same file. So my question is, what
directives to I need to add to my "httpd.conf" file to make this file
interpret? I am surprised by how little documentation there is on how
to do this.

Thanks, - Dave

Alin Popa

Hi,

I have Apache 2.2 installed on my Fedora Core 5 Linux machine. I
created this file, "test.rb" at my public document root

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"

and when i visit http://mydomain.com/test.rb, the output is

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"

That's right, it's just the same file. So my question is, what
directives to I need to add to my "httpd.conf" file to make this file
interpret? I am surprised by how little documentation there is on how
to do this.

Thanks, - Dave

Hi Dave,

Please take a look at: http://wiki.modruby.net/en/?InstallGuide
It was the only straight installation manual that I found out there and
it was a great help.

Note: pay attention on which version of Apache are you going to make the
installation (Apache or Apache2).

Best regards,
Alin.

Alin Popa

Alin said:
Hi Dave,

Please take a look at: http://wiki.modruby.net/en/?InstallGuide
It was the only straight installation manual that I found out there and
it was a great help.

Note: pay attention on which version of Apache are you going to make the
installation (Apache or Apache2).

Best regards,
Alin.

Sorry, I forgot one more thing:
The installation above is about linux (or this is where it helped me)
For win32 install, check that: http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3094

Alin.