cant get client ip - why?

Guest

I'm trying to get Dns.Resolve thing to work to get the computer name of the
client, as suggested in previous replies to my posts.

However, I cant seem to get the address of the Client machine. Everything I
try..

Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_HOST]
Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]
Request.UserHostAddress
Request.UserHostName

theyre all giving me the IP address of the server. Consequently, when I do
the lookup, all i get is SERVER.domain.com - completely useless.

'm using CodeBehind C#, running on a Win2k server on ip 10.0.0.254 (thats
the only IP I can get!). Client is XPSP2 (Pro) IP 10.0.0.1 (thats the IP I
want.

I know Dns.Resolve works, cos I've tried hard coding the IPs and I get the
right computer names - but I can't get the IP of the client!

What's going on?!!?

TIA

Dan