Can't Maintain Session State for String Array

JLSSCH

I am having trouble retrieving the value of a Session variable that ha
a string array (the same problem occurs if I use a numeric array
stored in it when I redirect from one page to another. The problem i
that the value appears to be lost when I redirect from the page
defined the string array in to another page.

The script language I am using is JavaScript.

_Page1.asp_

Session("tempArray") = new Array("1","2","3","4");
Response.Write("<BR>Session(tempArray): "+Session("tempArray")); /
prints: Session(tempArrray): 1,2,3,4
Response.Redirect("Page2.asp")

_Page2.asp_

Response.Write("<BR>Session(tempArray): "+Session("tempArray")); /
prints: Session(tempArrray):

Page2.asp is printing nothing (e.g. blank) for the value o
Session("tempArray").

I thank you in advance for helping me solve this problem