Cant run Tomcat Server from Netbeans :(

Discussion in 'Java' started by Webby, May 8, 2004.

  1. Webby

    Webby Guest

    Hi,

    I've downloaded Netbeans 3.6 onto my fedora box and when I try and
    start the Tomcat server (no changes made by me) I get an exception and
    it fails to start. The output is as follows, any idea's ?

    INFO: Starting service Catalina
    07-Apr-2004 16:17:39 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
    INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.19
    07-Apr-2004 16:17:39 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
    INFO: XML validation disabled
    07-Apr-2004 16:17:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Error getConfigured
    07-Apr-2004 16:17:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors
    07-Apr-2004 16:17:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Exception during cleanup after start failed
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)V
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.stop(WebappClassLoader.java:1550)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.stop(WebappLoader.java:776)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4473)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4298)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1126)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:832)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1126)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:521)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2345)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:594)
    Webby, May 8, 2004

  2. "Webby" <2.com> wrote in message news:<c7j1ic$3eh$2surf.net>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've downloaded Netbeans 3.6 onto my fedora box and when I try and
    > start the Tomcat server (no changes made by me) I get an exception and
    > it fails to start. The output is as follows, any idea's ?

    I use NetBeans 3.6 in my linux machine at work (Mandrake 9.1) without
    problems.
    Maybe you still use a wrong version of JDK... NetBeans 3.6 works only
    with JDK 1.4.1 or higher...

    Regards, Tony
    --
    Antonino Salvatore CUTRI' ===---------
    Antonino Salvatore Cutri', May 10, 2004

  3. Webby

    Webby Guest

    Nope its running the latest JDK and Netbeans with all patches. Netbeans runs fine however the tomcat
    server doesn't run up as shown in the trace.

    Webby, May 11, 2004