Capture file descriptors while running an external program

Discussion in 'Python' started by jfigueiras@sapo.pt, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all!

    I have a problem with the module subprocess!
    The problem is that the external software that I am running under
    subprocess.Popen opens stdin, stdout, stderr, and other file descriptors to
    write and read in the hard drive.
    I know how to capture stdin, stdout and stderr, what I cannot do is to capture
    the other file-descriptors. Is there any way to wrap those non-standard file
    descriptors and make them write and read from a specific object that I define?
    I know that I can use tmp files to do that, but i would like something running
    without tmp files.

    Regards...
    Joao

    O SAPO já está livre de vírus com a Panda Software, fique você também!
    Clique em: http://antivirus.sapo.pt

    , Nov 22, 2006