Capture IP only once per visit

Mort Strom

My default.aspx page captures client IP and browser values for all users,
then records to a SQL table. I'm finding that there may be several records
inserted per visit because I see 2~3 entries within a minute or so. The
default.aspx page has no post-back or AJAX calls.

How do I ensure that client IP is captured only once per session?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> How do I ensure that client IP is captured only once per session?

Set a session variable ( Session("IP") ).

Then check whether the session variable has been set or not.

If it has been set, don't do the client IP capture.
If it hasn't been set, do the client IP capture.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/