Capture the sessionID from intitial URL

Chip

Maybe this problem has been solved many times. My users frequently bookmark
the URL with sessionID in it and then have all kinds of problems when
subsequent users use that bookmark since the old session is still open. I
need to detect whether the initial URL contatins a sessionID so I can
redirect them to a clean URL. Request.RawURL doesn't give me the sessionID
if it exists on the URL. Is there some other method of digging it out?

Chip

Mark Fitzpatrick

Have you tried the Request.ServerVariables["Query_String"] ? You could then
detect it in the Session_OnStart event I believe.

Chip

The "Query_String" variable will only get me what's past the "?". And I
don't see any other variables that will get me the whole input URL including
the sessionID in parens, nor do I see any way to get any part of the URL
that includes the sessionID.

Is there really no way to get the entire raw URL before it's modified?

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick