carriage returns get lost

ajfish

Hi,

I've noticed that if a return value from a web service is a string, any
carriage return/line feed pairs in that string get converted to plain
line feeds. For all I know, this happens on incoming parameters as
well, though I haven't tested it.

surely this is a serious flaw in the implementation. the very least we
should be able to assume from a transport service is that the data gets
there uncorrupted

is anyone aware of what other character combinations are affected by
this problem? does all whitespace get garbled?

is there some kind of configuration parameter I can set to fix this? or
do I have to declare all string parameters as byte arrays in case they
might contain a cr/lf pair?

Andy