    I want to make the user 'bob' unable to logon if he types 'BoB' or if he
    does the same with the password.
    Thank you in advance!

    Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone], Mar 18, 2007

  2. Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone]

    Scott M. Guest

    What "login process" are you referring to? A pre-canned one or one of your
    own?

    Since logging in requires the user name and password to be checked against a
    stored user name and password, we are really talking about comparing a
    string against a string. Since strings are literals, you get case-sensitive
    checking by default. If you don't want case-sensitivity, then you convert
    all the strings involved to all upper or all lower case so that case won't
    matter.

    "Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone]" <axettone|at|hotmail|com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Scott M., Mar 18, 2007

  3. I'm referring to the default asp.net 2 login system.

    Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone], Mar 18, 2007
  4. Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone]

    Guest Guest

    I might be going out a limb here, but passwords are case sensitive, whereas
    user names are not. I'm sure you have a perfectly valid reason for wanting
    this functionality, but IMHO most users have come to expect that user names
    in most cases aren't case sensitive, and in most cases passwords are.

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Senior .NET Solutions Architect / Developer / Author

    Guest, Mar 18, 2007
  5. Uhm... I think you're right... Maybe I'll try to edit some of the asp.net
    stored procedures.

    Paolo Niccolò Giubelli [Axettone], Mar 18, 2007
  6. you can download the source code for the sql membership provider - and have
    a look...

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/13/442772.aspx

    -----

    Dominick Baier, Mar 18, 2007