cASE sWITCHING?

Eric J. Roode

robic0 wrote in
What do you mean by "make binaries"?
What overhead do these modules incur?
Ooops, I stand by that even though the if invoked the modules in
standard incurr the same overhead. But I don't use them if at all
possible because of initialization and deconstruction.

What do you mean by "initialization and deconstruction"?
And most importantly, they are mostly crap.

Well, that's true. But that doesn't mean that the goal of code reuse is a
bad goal. Or that one should automatically eschew modules.

--
Eric
`$=`;$_=\%!;($_)=/(.)/;$==++$|;($.,$/,$,,$\,$",$;,$^,$#,$~,$*,$:,@%)=(

Ilya Zakharevich

Purl Gurl
----->

use locale;
use POSIX 'locale_h';

This won't produce any output. If you have code to post, please do.

Hope this helps,
Ilya

Ilya Zakharevich

Purl Gurl
Your "Titlecase" indicates manipulation of Unicode / UTF8 characters. This is
commonly performed by loading locale files, as previously discussed, to
set POSIX for regional inflections.

This shows that you have no clue about the topic.

Thanks anyway,
Ilya

robic0

[rant deleted]

Gah. I shouldn't have flown off the handle like that. It has been a
stressful day. I apologize, MrReallyveryynice.
Why you overstressed goooon!!!!!!

robic0

robic0 wrote in

What do you mean by "make binaries"?
What overhead do these modules incur? I write perl executables

What do you mean by "initialization and deconstruction"?
I roll my own nowadays

Well, that's true. But that doesn't mean that the goal of code reuse is a
bad goal. Or that one should automatically eschew modules.
I don't like to write for, test/debug, then search yahoo/google just
to find all the quirks the module has from the other million who
wasted hours on it too... NET::Telnet being one.
The simple tedius ones like timelocal are ok, but only because theres
no OS or file io, or console handling between os'.

There isin't anything I haven't done on any os that I couldn't roll
my own. I have to work and produce performance code. I'm new to Perl,
only a year+1/2 now. Long enough to know that I can roll my own.
I've written so much I can't keep track of it all. I would make
modules (on the win32 level) if it paid. And make them bulletproof
and high performance. But see thats the thing, I would only trust
my modules. I wouldn't write a module, and/or I would back out of
one even after months of working on it, if I found out I would
have to put caveats in it. I would know this ahead of time and
wouldn't even start it after some discovery or if I thought
I could make a transparent workaround for it so that I would
not need asterisks all over the documentation, I would do it.
Alot of programmers don't know what indirect addressing is
and can't resolve a simple separator between os's, they make
entirely duplicate packages. When I layout a large program
I think about it from the concepts. I don't start programming
from the top of the specs to the bottom. I grab the inner
issues I need to prove to myself and make test cases of
garbage looking chopped code to test them, all of them,
independently. I have a bunch of independent idea, chopped up
garbled, ugly code.

Yes, a programmer is a terrible thing to waste.
Where the Jack Daniels?

robic0

[...]

Btw, the genius comes in the integration, where you make it
look so pretty. Your boss offers you a reserverd company
parking space... for free!!!
For free Goober!! hahaha
(please read my rant on "The Evil Corprotocracy")