Casting Error

mohit

I am making a web application in .NET framework.
I want to pass an information from one page to another page.
I have a class MsgClass in a page and in the another page I created an
object of this class
MsgClass mc;
for handeling I am using the following code

void Page_Load()
{

if (!IsPostBack)
{
mc = (MsgClass)Context.Handler;
it is giving the error

Error is : System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

then how to cast it.

any Ideas???

albert braun

I think it's because Context.Handler isn't a MsgClass object, so the
cast fails.

Why not use either the Session object or the Cache object to pass data
from one page to the next?

e.g. :
void Page_Load()
{
if (!IsPostBack)
{
mc = (MsgClass)Context.Session["myMsg"];

of course, in a previous page's Page_Load you'd have to have something
like:
Context.Session.Add("myMsg", MyMsgClassObj);

mohit

Thank You.Your suggetion is working.That was my silly mistake due to my
bad programing.
Bye...