Castor : Utility -Marshaling an Object which contains java.util.Properties

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kannan, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Kannan

    Kannan Guest

    Hi,
    I am trying to use Castor for marshalling my object. I have not
    provided any mapping file as of now. The Object that i try to marshall
    has a java.util.Properties. Basically the documentation at
    http://castor.exolab.org/xml-mapping.html#3.-The-Mapping-File says
    that when we have a hashtable all the keys and values are also
    marshalled.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <validator-configuration activated="true">
    <selection-criteria ..........>
    <xpaths empty="false"/>
    <configured-properties empty="false"/>
    </..
    </....

    Here xpaths and configured-properties are java.util.Properties objects
    but they were not marshalled there is just a tag saying that empty
    flag is false. I will need all key and values to be marshalled. Is
    there any way i can achieve this.
    Thanks,
    Kannan Ekanath
    Kannan, Mar 11, 2005