cause page to postback to server?

szabelin

Hello, what is the page directive (was it meta something?)
that causes page go call the server at predefined
intervals? I used to have a link to sample code but it's
broken now.

thanks

szabelin

Right, a new request, and it causes my page to load again
on the server (so IsPostBack will be false, I assume).
What I am after is when server must execute a lenghthy
operation, I would start it in the separate thread, return
a "wait" page, and then have the wait page send a new
request to server one time which would wait until the long
op thread finished. Does this sound right? Thanks everyone
for posting.