Causing events to fire in a datagrid

Guest

I finally learned that
DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = {row I want} -1
DataGrid1.DataBind()

will make that row get to edit mode.
I am stiil looking for ways to programticaly do other things:
1) show the last page
2) fire select
3) fire delete
4) what is the last row in the last page

Thanks!

James Steele

Hi Ofer,

1) Show the last page

DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = (DataGrid1.PageCount - 1)

2) fire select.

If I understand your question correctly....

With the method that you are using, when the "edit" button is "selected",
the grid will throw the EditCommand event. Try...

Create a sub and use the Handles statement to handle the EditCommand

Private Sub DataGrid1_EditCommand(blah blah....) Handles
DataGrid1.EditCommand

3) Fire delete

Same as 2 except you are handling the DeleteCommand event.

4) Last row in the last page

You could place the following in an if statement...

DataGrid1.Items.Count Mod DataGrid1.PageSize = 1 And _
DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = DataGrid1.PageCount - 1 And_
DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex <> 0

Good Luck!

Guest

Thanks!
To create the event handlers is NOT the problem VS does it for me when I
select the event from the dropdaown of events.

Also when you use the buttons created by the property builder, a click on
the button does more then just fire the event. for example the the
editcommand draws text boxes for the bound columns and only then fire the
event.

what I am looking for, is the syntax to make those commands work.
for example I have a button to add a row that first inserts a new (almost
empty) row in the database then I want it to show that row and put it in edit
mode.
So all in all I want to be able to imitate the user's clicks on the command
buttons.