    3) fire delete
    4) what is the last row in the last page

    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?T2Zlcg==?=, Apr 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T2Zlcg==?=

    James Steele Guest

    Hi Ofer,

    1) Show the last page

    DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = (DataGrid1.PageCount - 1)

    2) fire select.

    If I understand your question correctly....

    With the method that you are using, when the "edit" button is "selected",
    the grid will throw the EditCommand event. Try...

    Create a sub and use the Handles statement to handle the EditCommand

    Private Sub DataGrid1_EditCommand(blah blah....) Handles
    DataGrid1.EditCommand

    3) Fire delete

    Same as 2 except you are handling the DeleteCommand event.

    4) Last row in the last page

    You could place the following in an if statement...

    DataGrid1.Items.Count Mod DataGrid1.PageSize = 1 And _
    DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = DataGrid1.PageCount - 1 And_
    DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex <> 0

    Good Luck!

    James Steele, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Thanks!
    To create the event handlers is NOT the problem VS does it for me when I
    select the event from the dropdaown of events.

    Also when you use the buttons created by the property builder, a click on
    the button does more then just fire the event. for example the the
    editcommand draws text boxes for the bound columns and only then fire the
    event.

    what I am looking for, is the syntax to make those commands work.
    for example I have a button to add a row that first inserts a new (almost
    empty) row in the database then I want it to show that row and put it in edit
    mode.
    So all in all I want to be able to imitate the user's clicks on the command
    buttons.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2Zlcg==?=, Apr 5, 2005