    failing on the registered trademark sign (r in a circle). It might not be IE
    but that's all I have here. Is there a restriction on what I can put into
    CDATA ?

    Elton John, Oct 2, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Elton John <> wrote:

    >Is there a restriction on what can be put into CDATA sections ? IE is
    >failing on the registered trademark sign (r in a circle). It might not be IE
    >but that's all I have here. Is there a restriction on what I can put into
    >CDATA ?

    You can certainly put that character in a CDATA section, but because
    you can't use character references in a CDATA section you can only do
    it if the encoding you are using includes that character. However,
    most encodings (eg latin-1) do include it, so I doubt that's the
    problem.

    -- Richard

    FreeBSD rules!

    Richard Tobin, Oct 2, 2003