CDialogBar question

Steve Ralph

It was so much easier in DOS days...............

CMainWin::CMainWin()
{
Create(NULL,"My Balls-up",WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,rectDefault,NULL,"MainMenu");

//so far so good

m_wndDlgBar.Create(this,IDD_VIEWSELECT,CBRS_LEFT,IDD_VIEWSELECT);
// my dialog bar actually appears! A miracle at last!

there is an edit box IDE_VOLTS and all I want to do is put text into it.
(And read it
when I want to. DDX no needed, so should be simpler. Do I need to define a
class
for the CDialogBar to access its controls?
I have <afxwin.h> and <afxext.h>, anything else I need? Have I set up the rc
file correctly?
Have I any hair left to tear out?
I've looked all over the place and tried everything that looks likely, but
no luck - surely
I should be able to grab the handle and read or write to the textbox any
time I need to?
Help would be greatly appreciated at this juncture, I know I'm being dumb
:>)

Steve Ralph

// Main window class
CMainWin();

CDialogBar m_wndDlgBar;

DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP()
};

rc file

IDD_VIEWSELECT DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0,0,80,40
STYLE WS_CHILD
{

GROUPBOX "Device Parameters", IDGB_PARAMS, 0, 180,70,100,WS_VISIBLE

CTEXT "Vb ", IDCT_1, 5,192, 20, 12, WS_DISABLED | WS_CHILD |
WS_TABSTOP|WS_BORDER|SS_CENTER
EDITTEXT IDE_VOLTS, 34, 190, 30, 12, WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD | WS_TABSTOP |
ES_AUTOHSCROLL

Howard

You need to ask this in a Windows newsgroup. This newsgroup doesn't handle
platform-specific questions.

-Howard