cdo.message object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kenneth Windish, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I am using the following syntax:
    Dim objMM1 As New System.Web.Mail.MailMessage
    objMM1.To = ("someone")
    objMM1.From = textbox1.Text + " @ " + textbox3.text
    objMM1.BodyFormat = Mail.MailFormat.Text
    objMM1.Priority = mail.MailPriority.Normal
    objMM1.Subject = "Support"
    objMM1.Body = " `text goes here' "
    dim ok as boolean =true
    Try
    mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = " `mail.server.name' "
    mail.SmtpMail.Send(objMM1)
    Catch ehttp As System.Web.HttpException
    panel1.visible=true
    label3.text="Mail Error"
    label1.text=(ehttp.Message)
    ok=false
    End Try

    I recieve the following error message:
    Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.

    does any one know what I am doing wrong here? This was all working fine
    until the hosting company did maintenance on there server and now I am
    receiving this error.

    TIA
    Ken
    Kenneth Windish, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Hi Ken,

    You may have checked them but there are a bunch of suggestions here for that
    error:

    http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/4.2.3.aspx#4.2.3

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Oct 15, 2005

  3. Thanks for the info.

    Ken

    Kenneth Windish, Oct 15, 2005
  4. That site has very good info regarding System.Mail

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 17, 2005