Cell spacing x 2

Jim S

1. On my site (addr below) I use a table to display the thumbnails in the LH
column. In IE it works a treat and there are gaps between the white
rectangles, but in Firefox all I get is a vertical white strip. Why?

2. I use a stylesheet for my tables, but cannot find a css equivalent to
cellspacing, which I have to add by HTML. Is there a way to avoid this?

Jim S

1. On my site (addr below) I use a table to display the thumbnails in the LH
column. In IE it works a treat and there are gaps between the white
rectangles, but in Firefox all I get is a vertical white strip. Why?
Sorry I solved that one (blushes)

Jonathan N. Little

Most of the time what folks are looking for:

cellspacing="0"
in CSS:
table { border-collapse: collapse; }

cellspacing="3"
in CSS:
table { border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 3px; }

Jim S

Most of the time what folks are looking for:

cellspacing="0"
in CSS:
table { border-collapse: collapse; }

cellspacing="3"
in CSS:
table { border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 3px; }

Thanks Jonathan.
I tried that with Top-Style which I use for Stylesheets and it wouldn't have
it.

Jonathan N. Little

Jim said:
Thanks Jonathan.
I tried that with Top-Style which I use for Stylesheets and it wouldn't have
it.

It wouldn't have it? What do you mean? It is proper CSS, if this
Top-Style will not allow you to write proper CSS then time to pitch it
in my opinion.