    ....has been depricated. Is there another simple way to do this. I've been
    unable to find anything. Anybody have suggestions? Should I just keep
    centering this way?

    Thad, Feb 4, 2007

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#propdef-text-align

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Thad

    Thad Guest

    So, it seems I have to write the code using css? I've avoided that
    because I'm confused by css. Is plain html being phased out?

    btw, thanks for the suggestion Jonathan.

    Thad, Feb 4, 2007
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Thad" <> writing
    in news:bcexh.24682$:

    > So, it seems I have to write the code using css? I've avoided that
    > because I'm confused by css. Is plain html being phased out?

    1. HTML is not code, it is HyperText Markup Language - tags are used to
    markup text - plain and simple.
    2. MTML is not being phased out
    3. CSS is an enhancement - If you go to http://www.csszengarden.com you
    can see the exact same markup changed completely with CSS.

    Once you remove the presentational markup that has been deprecitated in
    favor of CSS, you will see how much quicker and easier it is to get
    things done. Imagine this scenario: 100 pages with <body
    bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">, and you want to swap it - before CSS
    that meant changing all those body elements. Now, a change to one
    stylesheet changes ALL the pages at the same time;
    body {background-color:#fff; color:#000}

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 4, 2007
  5. Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > 1. HTML is not code, it is HyperText Markup Language - tags are used to
    > markup text - plain and simple.

    Plain, simple, but still code (not program code, but still code).

    > 2. MTML is not being phased out

    "HTML"

    Well, there are efforts to phase it out in favour of XHTML, but they aren't
    working too well, and the W3C seems to have realised that now.

    > 3. CSS is an enhancement - If you go to http://www.csszengarden.com you
    > can see the exact same markup changed completely with CSS.

    I just wish that so many of the designs there didn't change the markup by
    hiding the text and replacing it with images.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Thad

    dorayme Guest

    In article <eq4fpm$l91$1$>,
    David Dorward <> wrote:

    > > 3. CSS is an enhancement - If you go to http://www.csszengarden.com you
    > > can see the exact same markup changed completely with CSS.

    > I just wish that so many of the designs there didn't change the markup by
    > hiding the text and replacing it with images.

    Certainly looks like cheating in a demo of the power of css...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 4, 2007
  7. Thad

    Thad Guest

    Thanks so much for all the info....I will take that all into consderation
    and look into css.

    Thad, Feb 5, 2007