Cgi/Perl script for multiple file upload/attachment in web form

Avin Patel

Hi,
I am looking for perl/php script to allow multiple files can be
uploaded/attached in webform.

But I don't like the multiple input boxes using "<input type="file"
size="40" maxlength="40" name="filename[]">" html tag. As it will
limit the no. of files can be uploaded(only as many of this boxes I
write in form & doesn't look good in form also).

I ma looking for multiple file upload in web form using html tags
select or textarea.

Can any one suggest where this script can be found, I googled..., but
no luck over there.

Thanks,
Avin Patel

wana

Avin said:
Hi,
I am looking for perl/php script to allow multiple files can be
uploaded/attached in webform.

But I don't like the multiple input boxes using "<input type="file"
size="40" maxlength="40" name="filename[]">" html tag. As it will
limit the no. of files can be uploaded(only as many of this boxes I
write in form & doesn't look good in form also).

I ma looking for multiple file upload in web form using html tags
select or textarea.

Can any one suggest where this script can be found, I googled..., but
no luck over there.

Thanks,
Avin Patel

Try amazon.com. There is a great book on the subject in general: 'CGI.pm'
by Dr. Lincoln Stein. It is really a lot of fun using CGI.pm to do just
what you are trying to do. Good luck!

wana

Avin Patel

Hi Wana,
Thanks for the answer.

What is the cgi.pm? Is it normal cgi-perl. Do I need to install
anything on my web server to use cgi.pm based perl script?

Thanks,
Avin Patel

wana said:
Avin said:
[...]

Brian McCauley

Avin Patel rudely spits TOFU in Wana's face:
What is the cgi.pm?

A mistyping of CGI.pm. Case is significant in Perl.
Is it normal cgi-perl.

Yes, any other way of doing CGI in Perl is abnornal. (Not that there
aren't other ways but CGI.pm is definitely the 'normal' one).
Do I need to install anything on my web server to use cgi.pm based perl script?

A moderately recent version of Perl. Any from this centurary should be
OK IIRC.