Cgi/Perl script for multiple file upload/attachment in web form

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Avin Patel, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Avin Patel

    Avin Patel Guest

    Hi,
    I am looking for perl/php script to allow multiple files can be
    uploaded/attached in webform.

    But I don't like the multiple input boxes using "<input type="file"
    size="40" maxlength="40" name="filename[]">" html tag. As it will
    limit the no. of files can be uploaded(only as many of this boxes I
    write in form & doesn't look good in form also).

    I ma looking for multiple file upload in web form using html tags
    select or textarea.

    Can any one suggest where this script can be found, I googled..., but
    no luck over there.

    Thanks,
    Avin Patel

    Avin Patel, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Avin Patel

    wana Guest

    Avin Patel wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am looking for perl/php script to allow multiple files can be
    > uploaded/attached in webform.
    >
    > But I don't like the multiple input boxes using "<input type="file"
    > size="40" maxlength="40" name="filename[]">" html tag. As it will
    > limit the no. of files can be uploaded(only as many of this boxes I
    > write in form & doesn't look good in form also).
    >
    > I ma looking for multiple file upload in web form using html tags
    > select or textarea.
    >
    > Can any one suggest where this script can be found, I googled..., but
    > no luck over there.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Avin Patel

    Try amazon.com. There is a great book on the subject in general: 'CGI.pm'
    by Dr. Lincoln Stein. It is really a lot of fun using CGI.pm to do just
    what you are trying to do. Good luck!

    wana

    wana, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Avin Patel

    Avin Patel Guest

    Hi Wana,
    Thanks for the answer.

    What is the cgi.pm? Is it normal cgi-perl. Do I need to install
    anything on my web server to use cgi.pm based perl script?

    Thanks,
    Avin Patel

    Avin Patel, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Avin Patel rudely spits TOFU in Wana's face:

    >>Avin Patel wrote:
    >>>I am looking for perl/php script to allow multiple files can be
    >>>uploaded/attached in webform.

    >>Try amazon.com. There is a great book on the subject in general: 'CGI.pm'
    >>by Dr. Lincoln Stein. It is really a lot of fun using CGI.pm to do just
    >>what you are trying to do.

    > What is the cgi.pm?

    A mistyping of CGI.pm. Case is significant in Perl.

    > Is it normal cgi-perl.

    Yes, any other way of doing CGI in Perl is abnornal. (Not that there
    aren't other ways but CGI.pm is definitely the 'normal' one).

    > Do I need to install anything on my web server to use cgi.pm based perl script?

    A moderately recent version of Perl. Any from this centurary should be
    OK IIRC.

    Brian McCauley, Nov 5, 2004