Change Encoding in Py 2.5

Stefan Behnel

Girish, 23.07.2010 08:54:
Is ter a way to change default encoding in py 2.5 ?

Yes, but it's highly discouraged. If you tell us why you want to do it, we
may be able to point to a better way to get what you want.

Stefan

Steven D'Aprano

Girish, 23.07.2010 08:54:

Yes, but it's highly discouraged. If you tell us why you want to do it,
we may be able to point to a better way to get what you want.

I think it is discouraged because it *will* break things in the standard
library and builtins. It's discouraged in the same way that pouring sugar
into the petrol tank of your car is discouraged.

Stefan Behnel

Christian Heimes, 23.07.2010 15:26:
I think it is discouraged because it *will* break things in the standard
library and builtins. It's discouraged in the same way that pouring sugar
into the petrol tank of your car is discouraged.

Mythbusters have tested this urban legend. In their test the engine run
better with sugar. [1]

"Did you blow up your car testing that out?"
- "No, I just read comp.lang.python."

Stefan