    Is it possible to change that so that it stay the same color as normal
    text.

    There must be a default value I can change.

    Martix, Mar 30, 2007

  2. Scripsit Martix:

    > I disabled the some input boxes because I don't want the user to
    > change the values because it's more for show.

    Stop doing so. Present the values as normal content. Problem solved.

    > I noticed that when the input box is disabled the text changes gray.

    That may happen indeed. It depends on the browser.

    > Is it possible to change that so that it stay the same color as normal
    > text.

    Perhaps. Probably not, since browsers often use built-in routines for
    rendering form fields.

    > There must be a default value I can change.

    You're quite an optimist!

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Martix

    Martix Guest

    I guess I should have looked a little farther.

    There's a readonly property that makes it so user can't change the
    data and doesn't change the font color.

    Martix, Mar 30, 2007
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Martix" <>
    writing in news::

    > I guess I should have looked a little farther.
    >
    > There's a readonly property that makes it so user can't change the
    > data and doesn't change the font color.

    Be aware that readonly properties can be changed by the browser as well.
    Make sure you state something on the page for the user, and definately
    check server site.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 31, 2007
  5. Martix wrote:

    > There's a readonly property that makes it so user can't change the
    > data and doesn't change the font color.

    So its something that invites the user to change it, and then doesn't let
    them. Well, that's not going to confuse or annoy anybody ...

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 31, 2007