    I use asp.net 2.o. and windows 2000.
    how can i set up from "//localhost:numbers/" to just "//localhost/" so that
    other people could see the page not the error message.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuTGVl?=, Feb 10, 2006

  2. Install IIS and copy the app in a folder etc.. etc..

    Edwin Knoppert, Feb 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2VuTGVl?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    use iis.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Re: change from "//localhost:numbers/" to just "//loca ...

    I am assuming that you are using Visual Studio 2005

    1) Right click on the solution
    2) Select menu "Property Pages"
    3) Go to Start options in the new window
    4) Select "Use Custom Server"
    5) Enter the BaseURL for the project (i.e: http://localhost/myproject/)

    Sonu Kapoor [MVP]
    ---
    Posted via www.DotNetSlackers.com

    Sonu Kapoor [MVP], Feb 11, 2006
  5. If you are using localhost, people outside your computer can't reach it.

    Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP, Feb 11, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?S2VuTGVl?=

    Guest

    The "numbers" thing is a non IIS web hosting component.

    To get rid of them , you need to put the files in a "Virtual
    Directory".

    The easiest way to do this is

    make a directory called

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyNewDirectory\

    inside the program IIS, you can also create a virtual directory and put
    it anywhere
    c:\myfirstVdirectory

    I usually keep stuff in wwwroot, for simplicity.

    One last note, you may have to "Create Application" for your directory
    (MyNewDirectory).
    Open IIS, and right click MyNewDirectory, click properties, and there
    is "Create" near an "Application" ... somewhere on the first page.

    That should get you started.

    Don't forget to use ~/MyFolder/myfile.aspx
    That should decrease the need to MUST use IIS.

    KenLee wrote:
    > help:
    > how can I change from "//localhost:numbers/" to just "//localhost/"?
    > I can see the web pages using "//localhost:numbers/" instead of
    > ""//localhost/".
    > I use asp.net 2.o. and windows 2000.
    > how can i set up from "//localhost:numbers/" to just "//localhost/" so that
    > other people could see the page not the error message.

    , Feb 12, 2006