Change jnlp invalidates desktop shortcut

FutureScalper

OK, my last complaint which I guess I need to live with. JRE 6 Update
20.

When a minor attribute is changed in the .jnlp, apparently the
existing desktop shortcut is invalidated.

This seems to require deletion of the cached app, and reload of the
app, and recreation of the desktop shortcut.

I'm getting so annoyed with Java Web Start from mixed code security,
to duplicate "cached" app names, through to this jnlp update
annoyance.

Anyway, I'm resigned to signing the jars, and living with it, because
I have no practical alternative.

And I have to give my users a means to easily delete and re-create
their desktop shortcuts themselves.

So, WHY does a minor change to the jnlp spec invalidate the desktop
shortcut on Windows? (at least on Win64). Or am I mistaken?

Thanks!